Independent Treks and Tours
Having problems printing this page?
hose who are unable to travel with an escorted Footprints tour will be able to take advantage of our assistance and experience to arrange their own journey. We have prepared a series of information packages to help them.
This service utilises our thirty years experience living and working in the region. We do know the most reliable trek companies; the most attractive route to travel; which hotel or lodge is the most charming; and which circumstance and place to avoid.
e suggest a ‘Full trek’ package. Teahouse trekking is not possible at all in Tibet and in many parts of Nepal. If you would like Footprints to arrange a teahouse trek for your party, we are happy to do so with some modification of the arrangements as outlined above. For a full account of the difference between ‘full’ and ‘teahouse’ styles as well as a history of the business and some of the personalities, see our ‘what is trekking page’.
Notes Based on twin-share accommodation with cooked breakfast
- Advice: with trek planning & itinerary in Nepal/Tibet
Drawing on more than 30yrs of experience in the region
- Arrangement of the trek: including all internal travel,
with agents in Nepal/Tibet
Using local agents that we know to provide excellent service
- All communication: with the international agencies
Based on our existing network of contacts.
- Hotel bookings: in Bangkok & Kathmandu if required
- Use: during your trek of special ‘Footprints’: ‘Thermarest’
sleeping mats and waterproof trek-kitbags and down jackets.
This is gear not normally supplied by trekking companies.
- Trek Gear including: two-man tents, sleeping bags, bag-liners,
toilet-tent and mess-tent together with all kitchen-related equipment for
Supplied by our trek agents.
- Sirdar: English speaking (foreman) personally
known to Footprints.
Guaranteed reliable and honest. Provided by out trek agents.
- Sherpas: to assist with smooth daily running of
the trek. Many will be known to us.
Provided by our trek agents.
Services in Nepal/Tibet
- Meeting: on arrival in Kathmandu.
By staff of our trek agents.
- Transportation: all land and air travel, including
fixed-wing or helicopter flights, that are part of the trek itinerary.
Using reliable companies that are known to us.
- All Meals: while on trek.
From wholesome menus developed over years by Footprints,
cooked by staff with a high standard of personal hygiene.
Based on twin-share accommodation with cooked breakfast each day.
What's it going to cost?
|CHARGE:for Footprints Services||US$500 per group
plus $100 for each member of the group
What's not provided
What is NOT PROVIDED
We advise the likely cost.
-Personal or group medical kit
- Baggage handling at hotels and airports
- Excess baggage charges & items of a personal nature
- passport photos
You will need 2-10 depending on the trek.
top of page   site map    Who are we?  FAQ
Copyright © Footprints Tours Ltd
Programming & design by Green Kiwi Ltd
Last updated: 2feb07